Monday, November 19, 2007

No Title

Last Saturday, I met with my friend Kevin after pronunciation class at his home to discuss how to pronounce the sounds of English better. During the time together, I found that vowel sound is the most important reason why others could not understand my English. For example, the vowel soundSchwa, called schwa, serves as a weak substitute for every vowel. The function of the schwa is to mark the presence of a vowel and its syllable without taking the time or energy of a full vowel sound, thereby allowing the rhythm of an English sentence to continue its normal flow. So the schwa is very important and I need to practice it. After our discussion, he helped me practice the vowel sounds and gave me some suggestions about speaking English. In my opinion, taking pronunciation class is very useful and I like this class very much. Moreover, I recommend my friends to take this course in the future and it will benefit them a lot. A long time ago, others could not understand much of my pronunciation. But now, they can understand much of them and I am very happy. At the same time, I want to talk a little about teacher teaching pronunciation class as following. The teacher is very nice and speaks slowly and clearly. She looked very amiable, and she always carefully answers our questions. She usually provides some material and let students practice it in a group of three. Then she will listen to our pronunciation and corrects mistakes. I think her class is very interesting and I like it very much.

3 comments:

Zahra said...

I did not that there are classes for pronounciation. that would be realy helpful for our prononciation since we all need to talk clearly.

maja said...

Wow, it's great you're taking this class and enjoy it too! Chinese sounds so different than English and I don't think I could ever talk Chinese! You guys are awesome being so good at English!

Scott Douglas said...

I think it is so great that you are taking this class. I was going to recommend it to you, but you were already in it! Good for you!